Pet Sitting in Vernon
When pet owners in the Vernon area need to go out of town, they trust the professionals at Shuswap Pet Resort with their pet sitting needs. Our team of animal lovers operate a beautiful 20-acre riverfront facility which is fully equipped with a variety of equipment and toys. Your pet will be kept entertained, occupied, and safe on their own vacation, as you enjoy yours.
Pet owners appreciate our dedication, competitive rates, and outstanding services to both pets and their owners. To request a free estimate, contact us today!
Convenient, Dependable Pet Sitting Services
Everyone needs a vacation, but pet owners are faced with a few extra considerations before they leave. The decision to travel with a pet can be a difficult one, as extra arrangements are needed for flying or driving.
Fortunately, our team of pet lovers and experts provide pets with wonderful accommodations. We ensure that your pet’s every need is taken care of while you are away. We treat all animals as though they were our own. Although we specialize in dogs and cats, our doors are open to all pets, from birds and rabbits to goats and lizards. Any pet is welcome in our facility!
We are committed to creating a fun, engaging home-away-from-home, where animals can interact and enjoy each other’s company. If your animal has special needs, dietary restrictions, or routines, we can easily incorporate those into our care.
To learn more about our pet sitting services, contact us today!
Fun and Safe Pet Boarding Facility Open to All Pets
Our team has the skills, resources, and passion for animals to provide your beloved companion with everything they could need or want during your time away. Our facility contains everything to keep your pet satisfied, including:
- Lots of Outdoor Room to Roam
- Fenced-In Areas
- Cozy and Temperature Controlled Interior Spaces
- Large Supply of Toys and Games
- Comfortable Sleeping Areas
We make every effort to stick to your pet’s routine and other special instructions to make sure they are comfortable, safe, and healthy, such as:
- Special Diets
- Administration of Medication
- …and more
You have the option of supplying your pet’s food or choosing our dietary options at our facility!
Experienced, Dedicated Pet Sitting and Boarding Staff
We’ve established a reputation for the quality of our care, wide range of resources, and unmatched love for pets. Our extensive experience working with all animals makes us experts in pet care.
We are committed to making sure each of our animal guests has the affection and attention they need while they anxiously await your return!
Pet Boarding: Give Your Pet a Vacation While You Go on Yours
If you have an upcoming trip and need pet sitting, look no further than the specialists as Shuswap Pet Resort.
We have the skills and resources to provide the highest quality of pet care. To receive a free estimate, or to consult with us, call (250) 803-6037 today!
Pet Sitting in Vernon
Here at Shuswap Pet Resort in Vernon BC we understand how worrisome it can be to leave your pet behind while you’re away. That’s why we’ve built a state-of-the-art sitting facility to ensure that your best, furry friend will be treated with all the care and comforts of a home away from home. Our staff consists of compassionate, experienced, and caring professionals who will make sure your fur baby is happy. Our resort includes plenty of green space so that your pet is able to enjoy themselves and roam and play.
Pet Sitting for Dogs
As a guest, your pet will be assigned a caregiver who will quickly acquaint themselves with your dog’s routines. The caregiver will serve as your dog’s primary caretaker, and this staff member will play with, care for, and walk your dog. This method ensures safe, secure and fun outings for all (as well as ample rest post-walk for our older canines). We also have customizable options for you and your dog, from individual play sessions with monitors, to long walks, personalized treats, and a variety of music to choose from, we can customize your dog’s stay according to their needs.
For the duration of your pet’s stay, we provide a kennel, bed and/or blanket, bowl, and a variety of toys. You are also more than welcome to bring your pup’s personal blanket or favorite toys if desired. We want to ensure that your dog feels comfortable and at home throughout their stay. We recommend that you provide food for your dog. A drastic change in environment could cause your dog to stress - which in turn could cause gastric indigestion for those that are more nervous. By keeping their diet consistent, they will be less likely to experience an upset stomach!
Four Things to Consider Before Traveling With Your Beloved Pet
Considering the value that our furry friends bring to our lives here in Vernon, it might seem like a great idea to bring your beloved animals on your next adventure. The only thing that’s better than a road trip across the country is a road trip across the country with your faithful Fido sitting beside you, right?
Unfortunately, the reality is often more stressful and much messier. Our pets are great companions, but they don’t understand the concept of travel. Any voyage more strenuous than a couple of hours outside of Vernon can be a serious detriment to your pal’s mental and physical health.
While dog sitting rates and the price of pet resorts can seem high, think about these three crucial points before you strap Fluffy into the cat carrier. Shuswap Pet Resort wants you to know that alternatives are available!
- Your Pet’s Temperament Part of what makes our pets so lovable is how each of them has its own unique personality. Just like the humans that love and provide pet care for them, every animal is different and will respond to situations differently. Unfortunately, this means your pet can respond to stressors in ways that might not be predictable. Just because your dog or cat is laid-back in the familiar setting of your home doesn’t mean they will be in a different environment! This especially applies to cats, who have a special need for cat sitting. While cats need less stimulation than dogs, they become much more distressed by disruption to their regular routine. Anyone who has moved house with a cat in tow knows this! Renting kennels for your dog or cat is a great way to ensure you and your pet aren’t caught off guard by a sudden stressor. Four days in the van might not seem so bad until you add a yowling cat to the mix.
- The Type of Travel You may have read in the news recently some horrifying incidents where pets were tragically lost or killed in airplanes or during long-haul travel. It’s a sad but true fact of the transportation industry. Due to budgetary constraints our feline and canine friends aren’t afforded the same luxury and safety we are. The risk may be small, but it’s a real risk. The cost to transport your animal can be nearly as expensive as a full plane ticket for adults! Which makes dog sitting rates pale in comparison. Travel by car provides its own challenges. You need to research local veterinary hospitals along your route, as well as regularly stop so that Fido doesn’t stink up the car. At Shuswap Pet Resort, we know how difficult it is to leave a beloved pal behind. But it’s always temporary, and you know that your animal is provided the top pet care at our beautiful pet resort.
- The Time You’ll Be Traveling Asking a friend to provide cat sitting services is always an affordable option for an intrepid adventurer. But it’s much less feasible or realistic to rely on the services of a friend to look after your animal when the time you’ll be gone stretches into days or weeks. When you rent kennels at Shuswap Pet Resort for your dog boarding or cat sitting in Vernon, you know you’re getting the best rates for top-quality service. And that’s something you and your best buddy can feel great about. Give us a call and we’re happy to consult with you about the best dog boarding service in the area.
Do you find yourself hesitating to find a local pet sitter because you have a puppy or two? It is true that puppies are a bit of extra work, but at Shuswap Pet Resort you can bet we know just how much it is worth it! Our dog boarding and sitting services aren’t just for adult dogs, they’re for puppies as well. Our staff will make sure that any pups that come our way are provided with all the play time they need throughout the day and plenty of attention. We’re happy to do a little extra when it comes to puppies because after all—who can resist?
Pet Sitting for Cats
Let’s face it, cats are very much creatures of habit, and they are often creatures of comfort. Thankfully for you, by treating them to a stay at Shuswap Pet Resort, you can rest assured that both of these boxes are being checked. Many people believe that moving cats from their home is asking for trouble and while this may be the case for a typical pet boarding facility, this is simply not the case with Shuswap Pet Resort.
Spacious, multi-level condos, equipped with all the toys that your pet cat could desire. For the adventurous kitty, we also have options for walks outside. The resort is filled with plenty of large windows that look out over the property, which serves as the ultimate cat nap spot. Other options for your pet, include: play sessions with our monitors, and specialized treats. Bedding, bowls, and litter. Our attention to detail combined with our desire to make sure that your cat’s stay with us is as enjoyable as possible means that you can rest assured that your cat will be in the safest hands possible while you are out of town.
Is your kitty difficult? When it comes to cat sitting and cat boarding we understand that many cat owners have a tough time finding the right people for the job. Unlike eager-to-please dogs, cats see the world a little differently. Our sitting and pet boarding services are managed by caring staff who understand the complexities of the feline mind. So, no matter how tough of a time your cat is prepared to give us, we’re ready to take whatever they throw our way with respect and understanding. We’re good at knowing when it’s play time and when it’s alone time and always work based on the needs of your cat!
Pet Sitting for Other Animals
At Shuswap Pet Resort we know that not everyone in Vernon is looking for dog or cat sitting. There are a lot of amazing animals out there, from birds to horses, that can benefit from the services of a local pet sitter!
Reptiles, Birds, and Small Mammals
Lizards, birds, fish, hamsters, bunnies, and so many more furry and scaly friends are welcome at Shuswap Pet Resort! If you’re looking for pet care and are located in the Vernon area, you’ve come to the right place. Our services include feedings, cage and tank cleaning, water bottle changes, and of course a whole lot of love and attention! And if you’re concerned about potential power outages, we have systems in place to ensure that your caged critter won’t go without heat, food, or water.
Book a stay for as long or as short a time as you need. Our sitting and pet boarding services are here to serve you and your pet, so we will always do our best to accommodate any and all needs.
Located on 20 acres bordered by the Eagle River, there’s plenty of room for larger animals such as horses on our property. We know how tough it can be to care for a horse—they need to be fed, groomed, and get exercise throughout the day. Luckily for you, our pet sitters love it when horses come to visit! We always make sure to spend a lot of time with them making sure they’re not spooked, stay calm, and have an enjoyable stay away from their Vernon home.
From dog and cat sitting to the care of much smaller and much larger animals, Shuswap Pet Resort covers it all. If you’re looking for pet care, this is the place to be. It can be tough to find a local pet sitter that can do it all but that’s exactly the goal of our dedicated team. Offering honest, caring services to all of our valuable clients is what we do best!
Five Things to Look for in a Pet Sitter
Whether you are looking for a pet sitter to care for your furry or feline friend for a one-off vacation or need someone to check in on your pet on a more regular basis, the fact of the matter is that there a number of pointers that you need to consider closely. The following is a list of five traits that every good pet sitter should have:
- Flexibility: If you are someone with a busy work schedule or one that is subject to change at the last minute then you need to make sure that your pet sitter is as flexible as possible and can step in at short notice if needed. The advantage to having someone who fits this profile is that when something important comes up and you can’t get home to your pet, that you can do so without a major upheaval.
- Calmness: As a responsible pet owner in Vernon, you don’t need us at Shuswap Pet Resort to tell you that animal things don’t always go according to plan. However, the sign of a good pet sitter is that they will remain patient even when your pet doesn’t behave as expected. Staying calm in the moment is an important attribute for any pet sitter and is something that all of our professionals have in abundance.
- Sensitivity: The real sign of a good pet sitter is that he or she can recognize the needs of your pet and respond to them in a calm and collected way. A highly trained pet sitter will realize when your cat doesn’t want to play anymore and will give them space. If you want to know if our pet sitters meet your high standards then watch how we affectionately handle your pet without the use of physical punishment or force. For instance, this means that you will never see us drag your dog’s leash during a walk.
- Trustworthiness: As you will likely be handing the keys of your home to your pet sitter, it is important that you trust them entirely. At Shuswap Pet Resort, we ensure that all our pet sitters undergo rigorous background checks so that you can rest assured that all references we give are as accurate and as up-to-date as possible. Also, if your pet has a special treatment, then why not look for a caregiver with a background in this area.
- Experience: If your cat or dog is particularly high-maintenance, then it stands to reason that you will need an experienced pet sitter who is capable of dealing with their challenging terms of care. At Shuswap Pet Resort all our pet sitters are experienced, and this means that we will be able to care perfectly for your pet. So, whether you have a large dog or small cat, we can assign you a pet sitter that best meets these needs.
A Home Away From Home
At Shuswap Pet Resort, we know that some pet sitting facilities have a reputation for being cold and sterile environments, and that is why so many pet owners in the Vernon area sometimes think twice before sending their precious cat or dog to a professional pet sitting service. However, when you come to Shuswap Pet Resort, you can rest assured that your cat or dog will be treated like the VIP that they really are in this home away from home. When you take the time to bring your cat or dog to our pet sitting facility, you can rest assured that the following advantages will be included as standard:
- • Your pet will be in a safe and secure environment.
- • Their customary diet and regular exercise routing will be maintained to exactly how they like it.
- • Our pet care facility is committed to keeping all types of disease to an absolute minimum.
- • We include dedicated and individual space to ensure that both infections and scrapes are avoided at all times.
- • Your pet will be happily engaged at all times. This means that diarrhea, anxiety and destructive chewing will be eradicated.
- • Your pet cat or dog will receive love and personal one-on-one attention from our staff. We will ensure that shy and reserved dogs receive as much attention as our chirpy and boisterous ones.
- • All the pets we have under our care will be happier here than the would receiving intermittent visits from nearby family or neighbours. Shy pets in general tend to do better in our pet sitting facility than at home and we will always treat every pet we work with like they are our own.
Shuswap Pet Resort Recommendations
Before bringing your dog or cat to Shuswap Pet Resort in Vernon, BC we recommend that you try to include the following items on your checklist:
- • Vaccines: given that we are home to multiple animals, vaccines are necessary to keep all guests happy and healthy. Vaccines such as DHPP, Rabies and Bordetella (and FVRCP and Rabies for felines) are recommended before entering our facilities.
- • Flea protection: we recommend that all guests be protected against fleas to ensure a healthy and worry-free stay.
Contact Us at Shuswap Pet Resort in Vernon, BC
If you’re going on vacation, or even just leaving for an overnight conference, contact us at Shuswap and treat your pet to a Vernon, BC vacation while you are away! Whether it is for one night or one month, a stay at Shuswap Pet Resort is a treat that will not be forgotten quickly by your feline or canine friend. Don’t feel guilty for taking a family vacation or leaving town for work, instead see it is as an opportunity for your pet to have a holiday of their own in a safe and secure environment with the opportunity to socialize with other cats or dogs. Trust us, you’ll be glad you called.